The Business Times recently released their 2020 rankings, and we are proud to report that the Beaver Area School District ranks #19 in the region (out of 102 districts).
We are proud of our 2020 ranking and celebrate the improvements in both the regional and state rankings; however, we do so with the caveat that high test scores are only part of Beaver Area School District's standard of excellence. We also applaud:
- Our Advanced Placement Program whose 5-year AP score trend shows BASD students outperform their peers across the state by more than 15%, and where 55 students who tested in 2018 earned a score accepted as college credit (3+) on at least one of the 13 Advanced Placement subject tests offered at BASD;
- Our Elementary School Programs which were recognized as "Distinguished" by the Department of Education and caused the District to receive the Keystone Award for Academic Excellence;
- Our Fine Arts Program wherein students recently showcased their unique work;
- Our Music Program that represented the District at the PMEA District, PMEA Western-Region, PMEA All-State, and PMEA All-East events this year;
- Our JROTC Program who won the Western Raider Competition for the third year in a row;
Learn more about these and so many other innovative and engaging programs that contribute to making the Beaver Area School District someplace special by following us on Twitter @BeaverAreaSD.