Parent Night - The Opioid Epidemic and Your Child
Join us for a county-wide presentation about how the opioid epidemic is affecting our region, our schools, and your family. Hear from representatives from the FBI, the PA Attorney General's Office, the Anti-Drug Taskforce and Beaver County's Behavioral Health. Listen to testimony from a former high school athlete and scholar recovering from addiction. Parents and community members will also watch a short dramatic presentation by Saltworks, a professional drama group, that seeks to shed light on the prescription opioid epidemic through theatre.
The event is open to anyone interested in learning more about the opioid epidemic's effect on this region.
Where: Cental Valley High School
160 Baker Road Ext., Monaca, PA 15061
When: May 16, 2018
Time: 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- 5:30 - Registration - Refreshments - Anti-Drug Task Force Table
- 6:00 - Opening Remarks- Phil Little, PA Office of Attorney General
- 6:15 - Saltworks "Off-Script"
- 7:00 - County Resource Overview - Kate Lowery, Beaver County Behavioral Health
- 7:15 - Testimonial - Ashley Potts - F.B.I. H.O.P.E Initiative
- 7:45 - Refreshments and Anti-Drug TaskForce Table
Registration is not required, but is appreciated. Please consider registering for the event using the following link: http://bit.ly/ParentNight2018