For 15 years, the Pittsburgh Business Times has ranked the region's school districts based on state standardized test score performance, identifying the highest-scoring school districts in the region and the state. In order to determine their Honor Roll ranking, the Business Times uses the PSSA and Keystone test results from the previous three years.
The Business Times recently released their 2019 rankings, and we are proud to report that the Beaver Area School District ranks #18 in the region (out of 102 districts) and #68 in the state (out of 494 districts).
We are proud of our 2019 ranking and celebrate the improvements in both the regional and state rankings; however, we do so with the caveat that high test scores are only part of Beaver Area School District's standard of excellence. We also applaud:
- Our Advanced Placement Program whose 5-year AP score trend shows BASD students outperform their peers across the state by more than 15%, and where 55 students who tested in 2018 earned a score accepted as college credit (3+) on at least one of the 13 Advanced Placement subject tests offered at BASD;
- Our Elementary School Programs which were recognized as "Distinguished" by the Department of Education and caused the District to receive the Keystone Award for Academic Excellence;
- Our Fine Arts Program wherein students recently showcased their unique work;
- Our Music Program that represented the District at the PMEA District, PMEA Western-Region, PMEA All-State, and PMEA All-East events this year;
- Our JROTC Program who won the Western Raider Competition for the third year in a row;
Learn more about these and so many other innovative and engaging programs that contribute to making the Beaver Area School District someplace special by following us on Twitter @BeaverAreaSD.