All Sponsors must inform families about the availability and location of free meals for students via the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP). Sponsors are required to conduct SFSP outreach before the end of the academic school year to ensure that eligible families are informed of the availability and location of SFSP meals. This is required even if the Sponsor is not participating in the SFSP.
*Schools or families may use any of the following methods to locate sites that serve free meals to children during the summer:
• Call 211
• Call 1.866.3Hungry or 1-877-8Hambre
• Text “FOOD” or “COMIDA” to 877877 during the summer months
• Text “SUMMER MEALS” or “VERANO” to 97779.
• Use the website: www.fns.usda.gov/summerfoodrocks
• Use the site locator for smartphones - Rangeapp.org