PA Certified Teachers and Emergency Permit Substitute Teachers
If you do not hold Certification, and are interested in substitute teaching?
- If you do not hold the proper certification but have a conferred bachelor's degree, the Beaver Area School District can hire you if you obtain an Emergency Permit. An Emergency Permit allows individuals to perform day-to-day substitute services. Emergency Permits are valid for one (1) school year and can be reissued annually. Please contact Tracy Mansell, Employee Compliance Coordinator, at [email protected], or 724-774-0250 x 5004, for more information.
- In addition, our local Beaver Valley Intermediate Unit #27 (BVIU 27), conducts an annual training for persons interested in obtaining an Emergency Permit and substitute teaching. For inquiries concerning BVIU's Emergency Substitute Training program please click on the following link for more information:
Substitute Teacher rate of pay is $100.00 per day during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Please present the following documents:
1. Cover Letter
3. Current Resume
4. Valid/Active PA Teaching Certificate
Employment Code: 1KG6XN
*Please have Section 1 completed and signed for 1) your current employer, and 2) any former employers that are
school entities; and former employers where the position held involved direct contact with children.
12. Letters of Reference
13. For Emergency Permits: Bachelor's Degree Transcripts in a "Sealed" Envelope are Required
14. For School Nurse Emergency Permits: A Current Pennsylvania RN License
15. A Valid Driver's License and Social Security Card will also be required for employment
Please present all documentation to:
Beaver Area School District
Attn: Tracy Mansell, Employee Compliance Coordinator
1300 Fifth Street | Beaver, PA 15009
Our office hours are from 8:00AM until 4:30PM, Monday - Friday.